Bulletin Announcements – 28 October 2018
• Diaconate Announcement: During the first meeting of the newly-elected Diaconate, the following office-bearers were elected: Desmond Chu (Chairman), Richard Chiu (Vice-Chairman), Anthony Choong (Secretary), Ching Ping Samuel Chan (Assistant Secretary), William Sit (Treasurer) and Carrie Tang (Assistant Treasurer). Please pray for God’s grace, wisdom, unity and humility upon all our deacons as they serve God by overseeing our church during the next 2 years.
• We will be holding a Fundraiser Concert for the church development project on Saturday, November 3 at 3pm at the Strathfield chapel. Enjoy an afternoon of classical and worship music performed by talented members and friends of the church. The programme includes a variety of ensemble and solo musical items, plus light refreshments. Tickets are $20 each ($10 for kids under 12), and available from Les Lee or online at https://wscccafternoonconcert2018.eventbrite.com.au
• Grief and Loss Seminar: What is grief and loss? Do you know someone who has suffered it? Have you? How do you deal with it? How do we help others who are going through it? On Wednesday the 7th of November at 7:30pm in the Upper Hall you’re invited to hear from Lindy Hadges, a Christian counsellor, who specialises in psychotherapy and has a lot of experience working with people who have suffered grief and loss.
• Family Service: We’ll hold our annual family service on Sunday November 18. Sunday school will be joining Strathfield 9am for a fun and engaging presentation of the good news of Jesus aimed at kids. Who can you invite?
• Prayer and Praise Service: At 4:30pm on Sunday November 18 we’ll hold a special service of carefully planned intervals of Prayer to God and Praise in music and singing, to focus in worshiping God and bringing all of our prayers and requests to Him.
• Hope For Kids program will be running from 17th to 25th January 2019 (except 19th & 20th), 9:30am-12:45pm at Croydon Park Church. Games, songs and crafts are incorporated to explain the Gospel to children. Welcome all children from 8-12 years. Please contact Children Ministry coordinator Eva Wong.