Bulletin Announcements – 23 September 2018
• Announcement from the Diaconate: The AGM reports and agenda are available for church members (one per family please), plus the background information about all nominees and for deaconship. There is also information about the EGM motion. The meeting will be held at 12:30pm, Sunday Sep 30 at Strathfield. Proxy voting forms are available from deacons.
• Baptism Preparation Course: The combined WSCCC Baptism class will be on held on Sunday November 25. If you’d like to baptised, or are considering baptism, join our Baptism course: Sunday October 21 and 28, 10:30am-12pm. Contact Pastor Andrew Bardsley for more details.
• The Ladies Fellowship Event: Balancing work/life/family as a Christian woman will be postponed until early next year. If you are interested in attending, please let Marianne Ly, Grace Tsai, or Jocelyn Lin know, so we can consider your preferred timing for the event.
• Small Groups: Small groups are a great way to get to know others, enjoy time together learning from God’s word, and support one another in prayer. If you’d like to join a small group, speak to your pastor or one of the church leaders.
• Prayer Night: Come along to join in a special WSCCC Combined prayer night on Wednesday October 3 at 8pm.
• Operation Christmas Child: sending shoe boxes with items and the gospel to children in need. More information on a church shoebox packing day is coming soon. But for now, please feel free to take a box and register it. You can either bring your items and $10 for delivery to our packing day, or hand in a completed box with the $10 delivery fee to Koorong by the 27th of Oct. Contact Louis Wong for more info on 0490 455 838 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• We will be holding a Fundraiser Concert for the church development project on Saturday, November 3 at 3pm at the Strathfield chapel. Enjoy an afternoon of classical and worship music performed by talented members and friends of the church. The programme includes a variety of ensemble and solo musical items, plus light refreshments.
Tickets are $20 each ($10 for kids under 12), and available from Les Lee or online at https://wscccafternoonconcert2018.eventbrite.com.au
Faith Promise Giving 2018/19: We give thanks to God for He has provided. A total of 164 slips totalling $225,463 has been received which has just reached our target of $225,000 to financially support missions.
Bookings for Andrew & Jo Wong – If you would like for the Wongs to speak or share at an event or small group, please contact Andrew on email@example.com or 0414 891 041.
Bookings for Phil & Irene Nicholson – If you would like for the Nicholsons to speak or share at an event or small group, please contact Ruth Choong (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0404 872 410) or Eric Chung (email@example.com, 0411 022 668).