Online service, 26th April
We’re glad that you’ve joined us! At this time when we’re physically separated from one another, take time to reflect upon this blessing from Paul’s letter to the Roman church,
May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:5 – 6
Please contact our Pastor, Chadd Hafer, if you have any questions about our church or feedback from our online service.
Songs of worship
We begin our worship of our God in song together with a quote from the author of the song that “We live beneath an unceasing flow of goodness, kindness, greatness, and holiness. Every day we are given reason after reason as to why Jesus is so completely and utterly worthy of our highest and best devotion.”
Kids song – Love the Lord your God
New Deuteronomy Sermon Series
This week we continue our new sermon series in the book of ‘Deuteronomy’. Despite its serious sounding name, this book has been called, ‘the heartbeat of the OT’ (based on its many references to the heart). Today Peter Lau will be preaching from Deuteronomy 6, which contains this book’s key passage:
“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.” Deuteronomy 6:4 – 5
Glue and Stick
Glue and Stick will be starting up again on 1st and 3rd May, respectively. Please contact Pastor Dan for more details.
Parents, please fill out the permission form as soon as possible.
St Paul’s Pantry Ministry
As our world continues to be impacted by the COVID-19 epidemic, there are many people in our local community who are being placed under severe hardship. Therefore, we are thankful for our ongoing partnership with St. Paul’s Pantry ministry (that provides essential grocery items for some of our communities most needy people).
Regular Giving & Church Development Project
In anticipation that the CDP will move ahead once the COVID restrictions are eased, today we’ll take up our bimonthly special offering appeal for the CDP. Please also remember WSCCC’s regular weekly budget targets.
Below are our weekly budget targets. Please prayerfully consider what you can give as your act of worship and contribution to the ministries of God’s church. This is for those who are able to give, and we understand that for many, this is a difficult time.
- General fund target: ($22,540)
- Mission fund target: ($4,722)
- Building fund remaining target: (to raise $432,000)
Download the latest bulletin: E_CP10_April 26-2020_w (PDF).
Mission Spot and Congregational prayer
What is a homeside missionary? And what does it have to do with lava lamps? Checkout the special mission spot by Kat and join Ruth for our Congregational prayer.
Pray that God will continue to supply all of our needs during this difficult time. Pray for wisdom for those who manage our church finances. Also pray that each of us will be wise, generous, content and obedient with everything that God has entrusted to us.
As we reflect on our offering, let’s sing this song as “servants of the gospel.”
Account number 482436244
Bible reading, sermon and pastoral message
Today’s passage comes from Deuteronomy 6:4-9. Click here to listen to the Bible Gateway recording.
Deuteronomy 6:4-9 (NIV)
4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
Kids ministry holiday program
Osaki and Miss Moose have gone on holidays for 2 weeks, therefore there are no formal Powerpoint lessons for this Sunday and next. Their mother, (Aunty Georgie) however, has not gone on holidays, therefore I am sending you out this attachment which contains links to Kids Ministry activities/Kids Church sessions from various churches across the globe.
- For Young Children – Play School style (Credit: Life Kids) – Easter Means we can be friends with God! (Approximately 30 min of video)
- Emu Kids song – 1,2,3,4,5 Jesus Christ is now Alive
- For Kids of different ages – Quiz Works Week 3 “Talk to God” + Resources for children aged up to aged 12
- Kids’ talk with Colin – Episode 4 “Love God, Love others”
- By the way, if you have older children and feel a little overwhelmed by the list of options available for online Kids Ministry, please feel free to start here with Week 1 of the Spyence Curriculum, if you didn’t check it out last week!
- Download free kids ministry resources for children aged 0-12. Praise be to God, they are in abundance at this time! (In fact, your child could probably use them every day of the school holidays and still not get through them all!!) Thank you to all the parents, teachers and churches who helped compile resources for this list.
- Alternatively, if you would prefer for your child to learn about Jesus in Chinese, Aunty Zion, the Children’s Ministry Co-Ordinator from Strathfield has kindly given permission for me to share her resources with you. You can find them here. Please scroll to the bottom to select Cantonese or Mandarin.
Response and reflection
If you’re on your own then you may want to write down some personal responses. If you’re meeting with others online then take some time to share questions or reflections you may have, or ways in which you’ve been challenged by God’s word today:
- What does showing whole-hearted-love by obeying God’s word look like for you?
- Parents, how can you teach your children to do the same this week?
Song of response – To Love the Lord our God is to obey his commandments. His commandments is to repent and believe the Saviour, and follow Him. His commands is to live for the Kingdom.