Children’s ministry worker (Part-time) at Croydonpark@10.
Croydonpark@10 is an English ministry of West Sydney Chinese Christian Church, an independent non-denominational evangelical church. We are a congregation of about 120 people with about 30 children of primary or pre-school age. Together we strive to know Jesus and love people in all we do.
We are looking for a person who is enthusiastic and passionate about children’s ministry to oversee and further develop our existing Kids’ Ministry (for children aged up to 12 years).
This is a part-time position, 1.5 days per week (or 12 hours per week), including Sunday mornings. Additionally, there may be occasional meetings out of work hours (e.g. with the minister, other ministry leaders and volunteer teachers).
The worker will be immediately accountable to the croydonpark@10 minister. The position of part-time Children’s Ministry Worker will include (but not limited to):
- Overseeing the existing Kids’ Ministry (KM)
- Reviewing and developing of the vision, strategy and curriculum for this ministry.
- Recruitment, training and support of volunteer teachers.
- Teaching and ministering to Kids Ministry children on Sundays.
- Liaising with the parents of KM children.
- Ensuring compliance of the ministry with legal requirements.
- Planning and organising special children’s ministry activities (e.g. children’s church services, items for Mothers/Fathers Day and Holidays; children’s program for church camps, etc.).
- Being a part of our 10am Sunday service at Croydon Park.
The suitable applicant would commence this position at the beginning of 2016.
The ideal person will have:
- A mature relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Experience in ministering to children within a church context.
- Obtained or be working towards a theological qualification from a recognized Bible college.
- Passion for seeing children come to a personal relationship with Christ Jesus and grow in their faith.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
To enquire please contact: Rev Chadd Hafer (CroydonPark@10 pastor) by clicking below.