Bulletin Announcements – 21 October 2018
• Diaconate Announcement: During the first meeting of the newly-elected Diaconate, the following office-bearers were elected: Desmond Chu (Chairman), Richard Chiu (Vice-Chairman), Anthony Choong (Secretary), Ching Ping Samuel Chan (Assistant Secretary), William Sit (Treasurer) and Carrie Tang (Assistant Treasurer). Please pray for God’s grace, wisdom, unity and humility upon all our deacons as they serve God by overseeing our church during the next 2 years.
• Baptism Preparation Course: The combined WSCCC Baptism class will be on held on Sunday November 25. If you’d like to baptised, or are considering baptism, join our Baptism course: today and 28 October, 10:30am-12pm. Contact Pastor Andrew Bardsley for more details.
• We will be holding a Fundraiser Concert for the church development project on Saturday, November 3 at 3pm at the Strathfield chapel. Enjoy an afternoon of classical and worship music performed by talented members and friends of the church. The programme includes a variety of ensemble and solo musical items, plus light refreshments. Tickets are $20 each ($10 for kids under 12), and available from Les Lee or online at https://wscccafternoonconcert2018.eventbrite.com.au
• Grief and Loss Seminar: What is grief and loss? Do you know someone who has suffered it? Have you? How do you deal with it? How do we help others who are going through it? On Wednesday the 7th of November at 7:30pm in the Upper Hall you’re invited to hear from Lindy Hadges, a Christian counsellor, who specialises in psychotherapy and has a lot of experience working with people who have suffered grief and loss.
• Interactive Workshop: “What Missionaries Wish You Knew – and how to pray for Missions” – 26 Oct 7:30pm-9:30pm @ CP Church Hall. Our Missionaries (Nicholsons, Fungs & Wongs) will be running this interactive workshop to equip us to better pray for missions. Topics include the emotional life of the missionary, how to really help Third Culture Kids, missions as a life of transitions, a craft activity for small groups and families and more. The workshop will be run in English and open to all.
• Bookings for Alex & Naomi Fung: If you would like for Alex or Naomi to speak or share at an event or small group, please contact Bithiah Ng (email@example.com, 0423 838 182) or Louis Wong ( firstname.lastname@example.org, 0490 456 838).
• Bookings for Andrew & Jo Wong: If you would like for the Wongs to speak or share at an event or small group, please contact Andrew on email@example.com or 0414 891 041.
• Hope For Kids program will be running from 17th to 25th January 2019 (except 19th & 20th), 9:30am-12:45pm at Croydon Park Church. Games, songs and crafts are incorporated to explain the Gospel to children. Welcome all children from 8-12 years. Please contact Children Ministry coordinator Eva Wong.